How to cook sweet and healthy semolina dessert or sooji ka halwa
Who doesn’t love desserts, we all do! But everytime we indulge in this sweet pleasure, we end up feeling guilty. But who says a dessert can’t be sweet and healthy at the same time. It can be and today we bring you such a dessert recipe that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating.
Sooji (in Hindi) or Semolina has many health benefits and it also helps to loose weight. With that thought in mind let’s begin the recipe of ‘Semolina Dessert’ or ‘Sooji Ka Halwa’ .
Let’s begin the recipe –
1} Serves- 2
2} Time- About 20 minutes
3} Level- Easy
1} 1/2 cup of Sooji
2} 1/3 cup of Ghee or Clarified Butter
3} 1 1/4th cup of of Water
4} 1/2 cup of Sugar
5} Any dried fruits of your choice
6} 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder (optional)
Let’s cook some sweet and healthy dessert!
1) Pour 1¼ cups water in a small sauce pan and bring it to boil over medium flame, it will take around 3-4 minutes. Remove it from the flame and keep aside
2) Take sooji in a heavy based pan, add ghee and heat it over medium flame. While the sooji is geting roasted it will give a very pleasant smell.
3) Keep stirring and mixing using a spatula. Roast it until golden-brown. It will take anywhere between 8 to 10 minutes.
4) Reduce flame to low; slowly add boiled water and mix by stirring constantly.
5) Increase flame to medium and cook until all water gets absorbed. Add sugar and cardamom powder.
6) Stir until sugar dissolves and finally add the dried fruits.
Note: You can replace water with milk to enhance its taste and make it softer. The recipe remains exactly the same.
💬 Please do comment if you try or like this recipe.
💬 If you already know this recipe please share one or two tips you may have.